To assist licensed members of the New Brunswick Special Care Home Association Inc. in providing quality, cost effective services for seniors and special needs adults in cooperation with the Department of Social Development.
We would like to welcome you to our site. We, the executives of the NBSCHA, work very hard to keep the Association moving forward. We strive to promote and develop awareness throughout New Brunswick of the great service our special care homes provide. We are operators too, and therefore understand the immense dedication and commitment involved in running a home. We are here to offer ideas to help you provide the best possible environment for your residents and staff, while help you succeed with your business.
Throughout New Brunswick we have groups of regional representatives that are working very hard to support the membership in forming a strong united group of operators that can help educate, motivate and support each other. View the “Association Executive” section on this site for the contact information you need to reach a member in your area.
Thanks so much for your support. We look forward to working with you!
NBSCHA Members & Executive
The New Brunswick Special Care Home Association Inc. will continue to find creative and innovative ways to support our operators in all areas of their operations. Improving education and training, advocating for appropriate wages, benefits and per diems, and monitoring changes to standards and regulations are our three main goals.
To work in partnership with our operators, the New Brunswick Department of Social Development and other stakeholders and agencies in achieving:
- protection of and for the rights of our clients
- standardized training and education in line with our industry needs
- appropriate regulations and standards designed to take into account the resident needs and the overall operation of the home
- advocate for equitable wages and benefits for our workers and adequate per diem rates for our services
- Effectively inform the public, the medical professionals, and all stakeholders of our member homes unique and excellent services
- Work with government and other stakeholders on special projects and committees to improve the sector as a whole; for example, with recruitment and retention challenges
- Hold annual meetings to bring members together in a productive manner to re-examine our goals and objectives to ensure they are aligned with industry needs